Contributed by calpol, an ePodunk user.
August 19, 2007
Located in Southeastern Labrador, Canada, St. Lewis is a fishing town, mainly supported by a snow crab processing plant and the fishers who fish for crab.
Origionally named Fox Harbour, the name of the town was changed to St. Lewis when it got its first Post Office in the early 1950's.
The town is incoporated and offers full services. A modern school, clinic, retail stores, gas station, airport and docking facilities and is connected by a 29 km. gravel all waether road to the Trans Labrador Highway.
Because of its stragetic location St. Lewis has a Loran-C Station operated by the Canadian Coastguard, a marine radio station and a television and radio station operated by the CBC.